Who We Are
Give us a call at (713) 783-5147
or Toll Free at (800) 762-3361
WITH INDUSTRIAL INFO RESOURCES
Industrial Info Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Read more about this at the
EEO is the Law poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Market Research Analyst
Regular Full Time
In an office setting, you will conduct investigative market research via outbound calls. You will gather and verify information, and complete data quality control activities. This is a great base pay plus incentives opportunity. Folks who have had any experience in sales, collections, investigations, or the power outage industrial sectors (and are interested in an office job), are encouraged to apply.
Essential Functions Statements
• Conduct surveys and extract new market data related to the power market sector, including difficult to obtain outage events, using methods such as phone interviews, questionnaires, market analysis surveys and internet search techniques.
• Review, classify, and record energy market data in preparation for computer analysis and client usage.
• Perform data entry into database and other clerical work as required for task completion.
• Verify the accuracy and validity of energy related data; correct any errors.
• Collaborate with other researchers in the work division, implementation, and completion of market research.
• Respond to and keep records of customer interactions and data requests, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
• Compose short reports or news alerts summarizing completed research with emphasis on adding value to existing intelligence in the database.
• Prepare and present summaries and analyses of survey data, including tables, graphs, written text and fact sheets that describe research results.
• Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature; maintain strong command of refining industry vernacular including numerous heavy equipment details and industry process details.
• Support immediate-need data requests from clients received via hotline, instant message, email, etc. by extracting timely energy market data with highly efficient processing times.
• May present research analysis at client meetings, company hosted seminars or tradeshows.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
: Two to four years related experience
: One or more years experience with technology including computer systems is required. The ability to quickly learn new software is required. Prior work experience in database entry work is preferred.
:Two or more years work completing entry level IIR Research (or similar industrial market research) strongly preferred, including skilled usage of research phone techniques, database entry skills and demonstrated commitment to data quality.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations maybe made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To build a diverse workforce Industrial Info Resources encourages applications from individuals with disabilities,minorities, veterans, and women. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.