North American Field Heat Treating Market Forecast
Forecasts by Country, Region, State/Province
NEW! Field Heat Treating Market Forecast by Country
Instant Access: $7,299
U.S.A. and Canada
Single User Access
NEW! Field Heat Treating Market Forecast by Market Region
Instant Access: $11,989
Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, Midwest, New England, Northeast, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southwest, West Coast, Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Quebec, & Western Canada
Single User Access
NEW! Field Heat Treating Market Forecast by State / Province
Instant Access: $14,989
U.S.A. and Canada down to the state and province level.
Single User Access
North American Field Heat Treating Forecast
IIR's Field Heat Treating Services' Forecast is specific to the industrial processing industry and the onsite heat treating services required for piping systems, process equipment and structural steel, vessels and flat plates. This specialized industrial service includes onsite labor and equipment, engineering services, inspection and assessment.
Most of the revenues in this industry are derived from maintenance turnarounds and new construction activity in the petroleum refining industry, chemical/petrochemical plants, pipelines, fossil and nuclear-fired power generation plants, mines and steel mills, pulp & paper mills and industrial manufacturing plants.
Types of Field Heat Treating Services included in this Forecast:
- Pre-Heat Treatment Electrical controlled, low-voltage, preheating to include electric resistance heating to preheat weld joints, to remove contaminants and moisture prior to welding, minimizes the rate of weld hardening, reduces porosity in welds and hydrogen cracking.
- Post-weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) to maximize the life of piping systems and process related equipment in the field. Post-weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) services that involves tempering the metal and reducing tensile stresses, minimizing the risk of brittle fracture, stress and corrosion cracking and metal fatigue. PWTH includes high velocity Gas Combustion heating of welds and refractory linings customers to enhance the metallurgical properties of their process piping and equipment. Solution heat treating of welds in portable furnaces
- Specialty heat treating processes are performed using gas-fired combustion on large pressure vessels for stress relieving, to bake specialty paint coatings and controlled drying of abrasion and temperature resistant refractory. High velocity burners used for curing and drying out moisture from refractory materials.
- Special high frequency heating commonly called induction heating, is used to expand metal parts for assembly or disassembly, expansion of large bolting for industrial turbines and stress relieving projects which is cost prohibitive for electric resistance or gas-fired combustion.
- Excluded from the forecast would be off-site heat treating services performed in a plant.
IIR's Field Heat Treating forecast is a spending analysis of the industrial market and the investment made by 40,000 plants across the United States and Canada. This forecast provides subscribers a dynamic market forecast using project spending intelligence identified at the plant level to model Field Heat Treating spending across 12 industrial markets.
The North American Field Heat Treating Forecast consists of 11 years of spending statistics ranging from 2010 to 2014 (historical spending) to 2015 through 2020 (forecast spending), which is further defined in 12 industries.
- Electric Power
- Bulk Liquids Storage Terminals
- Oil & Gas Transmission
- Oil & Gas Production
- Alternative Fuels
- Petroleum Refining
- Chemical Processing
- Metals & Minerals
- Pulp, Paper & Wood
- Food & Beverage
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech
The forecast is available by country, region, and at state level and includes a breakout of investment for capital and maintenance spending.
For firms that are looking to estimate the market for Heat Treating Services, our statistics can help you better understand the annual spending that is derived from comprehensive market intelligence gathering.
IIR provides a unique "bottom up" forecast for industrial plant spending that estimates capital and maintenance budgets across 12 industry segments. Our industrial market forecast products are derived from actual project information surveyed by our industry experts. Our forecast model uses ground-level detail captured in our project spending platform and summarizes it up to the 30,000-foot view. Our modeling captures total spending for the market, using historical and future projects information, including statistical modeling of leading economic indicators.
Delivery is made through IIR's Online Forecast Analyzer, which is an online environment that allows you to query data, export statistics and download graphs dynamically generated from your query results.
Throughout the year, Industrial Info will deliver quarterly updates that include adjustments to current forecast data primarily driven by activity in Industrial Info's project platform and the performance of leading economic indicators.