You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Kazatomprom Exceeds Uranium Production Targets by 9% in First Half of 2009
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 585 Words
BANGALORE, INDIA--August 19, 2009--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Kazakhstan's state-owned nuclear company Kazatomprom Atomic Company (Almaty) has announced that the company's uranium production target for the first half of this year has been exceeded by 9%. Total uranium production for Kazakhstan during the period was more than 6,000 tons, which is 57% greater than the corresponding period in 2008. Plans for the second half of 2009 call for a production level of 8,000 tons. Kazakhstan is tied with Australia as the world's second-largest uranium producer. Topping the list is Canada, which accounts for 21% of global uranium production, with Kazakhstan and Australia each producing 19% of the global supply.
Other companies featured: Cameco Corporation (NYSE:CCJ)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Nucor Rides Steel Industry's Growth Wave with $5 Billion Worth of Projects,...
- North American Project Spending Index Up 15.56% in March
- Steel Dynamics Provides Update on Plans for U.S. Southwest Steel Mill
- Indonesian Coal Miners Launch Diverse Projects, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Cement Plant Maintenance Planned in Czech Republic, an Industrial Info Mark...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker