You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Japanese Semiconductor Companies Continue to Expand Despite Lull in Demand
Industry Segment: Industrial Manufacturing | Word Count: 428 Words
KOFU-SHI, JAPAN--September 22, 2011--Researched by Industrial Info Resources East Asia (Kofu-shi, Japan)--Japan currently holds approximately 20% of the world market share in semiconductor manufacturing, while Japanese semiconductor equipment companies enjoy a 35% world market share. It is not surprising then that more than half of the world's semiconductor material market is also held by Japan as well. The March 11 earthquake, tsunami and subsequent power crisis disrupted hundreds of industrial sites, including steel works, power stations and manufacturing facilities. Approximately one-fourth of all silicon wafer production was suspended by the March disasters. The world automotive industry was one of the hardest hit, with Japanese automotive makers suspending operations at multiple global production sites. Manufacturing resumed throughout the second quarter and the global semiconductor industry entered the third quarter with high stocks.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Amazon Expands Fulfillment/Distribution Network in North America, an Indust...
- France and Germany Team Up To Build Electric Vehicle Battery Plants
- Investment in Battery Production Increases in Europe, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America, an Industrial Info Market...
- Honda to Close Sites in Turkey, U.K., an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker