You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Isimba Ugandan Hydropower Dam Second Chinese Power Launch in Two Months
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 218 Words
JOHANNESBURG--July 31, 2013--Written by Richard Finlayson, Senior International Editor for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--China's International Water & Electric Corporation (CWEC) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ugandan government to construct the 188-megawatt (MW) hydropower dam on the River Nile. The dam project is being funded through a bilateral arrangement in which the Chinese government and China's Exim Bank will cover the dam's $350 million cost out of a $570 million loan facility.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- BP Sees Bright Future for Natural Gas, Driven by Growing LNG Trade
- Wind, Natural Gas Lead Alliant Energy's $3.6 Billion in Projects
- Enel plans to Double Wind and Solar Installed Base in the Americas by 2021,...
- China Launches Action Plan to Improve Utilization of Renewable, Nuclear Ene...
- Nuclear Power Development Underway in Finland, an Industrial Info Market Br...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker