You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
New York Denies Permit for Proposed Northern Access Gas Pipeline
Industry Segment: Pipelines | Word Count: 1275 Words
SUGAR LAND--April 18, 2017--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--When it comes to 11th-hour regulatory decisions, the proposed Northern Access Pipeline has won one and lost one. The interstate natural gas pipeline project was granted a permit from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) (Washington, D.C.) in early February, a few days before that agency lost its quorum, which prevents the commission from making regulatory decisions. But at 11:22 p.m. on April 7, 38 minutes before a New York State agency was legally required to accept or reject a permit application for the $455 million Northern Access Pipeline project, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) (Albany, New York) faxed its permit denial to Northern Access' developer, National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE:NFG) (Williamsville, New York).
Within this article: Details of New York's acceptance and approval of pipelines
Other companies featured: DTE Energy Company (NYSE:DTE), National Grid Plc (NYSE:NGG), TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- NavigatIIR: Bechtel's Role in $99 Billion Worth of U.S. Projects Covers Big...
- Project Spending in Bakken Formation Rises with Oil & Gas Production
- DTE Energy, Williams Companies, Pieridae Energy: Your Daily Energy News
- Mountain Valley Pipeline, Trans Mountain Pipeline: Your Daily Energy News
- ExxonMobil Underway with Expansion Project in Argentina, an Industrial Info...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker