You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Drug Shortage Fears, Uncertainty Erupt in Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 496 Words
Attachment: Puerto Rico Pharma Map
SUGAR LAND--September 29, 2017--Reported by Annette Kreuger, Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In the early morning of September 20, Puerto Rico took a direct hit from Hurricane Maria and its 150-mile-per-hour winds. The island is in shambles from the storm, as workers struggle to reestablish clean water, phone service and electric power. Governor Ricardo Rossello said that the situation was nearly a "humanitarian crisis." It is also a crisis of unknown ramifications for the island's most prominent industry, the Pharmaceutical-Biotech Industry.
Within this article: How the Pharmaceutical-Biotech Industry could be affected by Irma's ruinous path through Puerto Rico.
Companies featured: Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) (Abbott Park, Illinois), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN)(Thousand Oaks, California), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) (New Brunswick, New Jersey), Merck & Company Incorporated (NYSE:MRK) (Kenilwork, New Jersey) and Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) (New York, New York).
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Pharma-Biotech Webinar in Review: North America, Europe Are Hotspots, but ...
- Ireland Welcomes Abbott Investment in Plant Expansion
- Drug Companies Told to Stockpile for U.K. "No-Deal" Brexit Scenario
- GlaxoSmithKline Shutting Irish Skincare Plant
- U.K. Pharma-Bio Industry Braces for Brexit, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker