You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Coal Giant Peabody Tries to Take Luminant Power Plant Closure in Stride
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 653 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 26, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Buoyed by favorable third-quarter earnings results, executives with the world's largest private-sector coal mining company say they don't plan to make substantial production changes solely as a result of the recently-announced closure of a big U.S. coal-consuming power plant. Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) (St. Louis, Missouri) leaders attempted on Wednesday to put the closure in context, saying the power plant's coal consumption represents only a small percentage of the total output from the company's Powder River Basin mining operations in Wyoming. Industrial Info is tracking more than $700 million in active Peabody Energy projects in the U.S. and Australia.
Within this article: Update on the status of Peabody Energy. Additional companies: Vistra Energy (NYSE: VST)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info's North American Project Spending Index Rises 16.35% in Aug...
- Mining Webinar in Review: Increased Project Numbers, but Decreased Values
- New Industrial Info PECWeb Enhancement Improves Access to Disaster Impact T...
- EIA Forecasts U.S. Coal Exports to Rise 10% in 2018
- Typhoon Trami Looms Over Japan, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker