You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Coal Giant Peabody Tries to Take Luminant Power Plant Closure in Stride
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 653 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 26, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Buoyed by favorable third-quarter earnings results, executives with the world's largest private-sector coal mining company say they don't plan to make substantial production changes solely as a result of the recently-announced closure of a big U.S. coal-consuming power plant. Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) (St. Louis, Missouri) leaders attempted on Wednesday to put the closure in context, saying the power plant's coal consumption represents only a small percentage of the total output from the company's Powder River Basin mining operations in Wyoming. Industrial Info is tracking more than $700 million in active Peabody Energy projects in the U.S. and Australia.
Within this article: Update on the status of Peabody Energy. Additional companies: Vistra Energy (NYSE: VST)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Tariffs Boost U.S. Steel Companies' Expansion Plans
- 'One Step Back': BP Rues Increased Global Coal Use
- North American Project Spending Index Up 50% for Metals & Minerals Industry...
- U.S. Tariffs Make More Waves on Steel, Auto Fronts
- Infrastructure Projects to Drive Cement Expansion in the Philippines, an In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker