IIR Globe IIR Data IIR
social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon social media icon

You are Trying to View a Premium Article

Capex Momentum Builds at U.S. Steel Mills

metals_minerals

Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 338 Words

SUGAR LAND--December 4, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--All of a sudden steel is hot again. Well, maybe not all of a sudden, but there is definitely a noticeable uptick in capital spending plans at steel manufacturing mills in the U.S. Improving economics, a scrutinizing governmental policy on imports and speculation regarding future infrastructure needs all are contributors to the increase in capital spending plans. Industrial Info is tracking 285 projects totaling more than $11.2 billion at steel mills in the U.S., as part of the Metals & Minerals Market Intelligence Platform. About 91% of that total spend is for capital projects and the remaining 9% is for maintenance shutdown work.

Within this article: Capital plans by U.S. Steel and Nucor. Additional companies: Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel) (NYSE:X)


Login or Register for Instant Access

This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription

Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...

Subscription Type:

Pricing Help?

  • Pay-Per-Article - $5.95
  • Annual Subscription - $235.00
  • Annual Subscription with Archive - $395.00

All Members Receive the Following Free Resources:

  • North American Project & Gap Spending
  • Market Maps & Stats - Capital & Maintenance Activity
  • Current Economic Indicators
  • Free Daily Industrial Articles
  • Monthly Industrial Newsletter