You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Capex Momentum Builds at U.S. Steel Mills
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 338 Words
SUGAR LAND--December 4, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--All of a sudden steel is hot again. Well, maybe not all of a sudden, but there is definitely a noticeable uptick in capital spending plans at steel manufacturing mills in the U.S. Improving economics, a scrutinizing governmental policy on imports and speculation regarding future infrastructure needs all are contributors to the increase in capital spending plans. Industrial Info is tracking 285 projects totaling more than $11.2 billion at steel mills in the U.S., as part of the Metals & Minerals Market Intelligence Platform. About 91% of that total spend is for capital projects and the remaining 9% is for maintenance shutdown work.
Within this article: Capital plans by U.S. Steel and Nucor. Additional companies: Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), United States Steel Corporation (U.S. Steel) (NYSE:X)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Oklahoma! Where Nearly $11 Billion in Projects Are Sweeping Down the Plain
- Nevada Cashes in with $1.3 Billion in Project Kickoffs in Second Quarter
- Arch Coal, Xcel Energy, Hess, U.S. Oil Exports: Your Daily Energy News
- Industrial Info Launches 2018 North American Construction Skilled Labor Sur...
- Caterpillar Earnings Surge on Mining, Power, Energy Demand
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker