You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
China May Challenge U.S. in Ethylene Capacity
Industry Segment: Chemical Processing | Word Count: 125 Words
SUGAR LAND--April 12, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Will China outpace the U.S. in new ethylene capacity? Will the shale gas advantage be enough? There are 8 billion pounds of new ethylene capacity beginning commercial operations this year in China, compared with the 13.4 billion pounds starting up in the U.S. during 2018. In China, this is a mixture of methanol-to-olefins (MTO), naphtha and ethane-fed units, while in the U.S., all new capacity is ethane based. Going forward, China is proposing significantly more than the U.S., with over 40 new ethylene units being considered for construction starts this year alone.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Wood Group's $83 Billion Worth of Projects Include U.S. Chemical, Natural G...
- Baytown, Texas, Sees $1.7 Billion in Active Industrial Projects
- U.S. Chemical Industry Segues into 2019 with $1.2 Billion in Maintenance Tu...
- Shintech Hosts Wealth of Chemical Expansions, Additions in Louisiana
- WorleyParsons' $140 Billion in Global Projects Hew to Exploration, Ethylene
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker