You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
China May Challenge U.S. in Ethylene Capacity
Industry Segment: Chemical Processing | Word Count: 125 Words
SUGAR LAND--April 12, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Will China outpace the U.S. in new ethylene capacity? Will the shale gas advantage be enough? There are 8 billion pounds of new ethylene capacity beginning commercial operations this year in China, compared with the 13.4 billion pounds starting up in the U.S. during 2018. In China, this is a mixture of methanol-to-olefins (MTO), naphtha and ethane-fed units, while in the U.S., all new capacity is ethane based. Going forward, China is proposing significantly more than the U.S., with over 40 new ethylene units being considered for construction starts this year alone.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- WorleyParsons Wins New Contract for NOVA Corunna Cracker Expansion
- Valero Retains No. 1 Spot as Top U.S. Refiner, but Changes are On The Way
- Project Spending Gap Index Shows Heightened Fallout Rate
- Industrial Info to Present Webinar on Global Chemical Processing Spending O...
- Federal Funding Committed for Southeast Texas Coast Hurricane Protection
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker