You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Cleveland-Cliffs Breaks Ground on Hot Briquetted Iron Plant
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 204 Words
Attachment: HBI/DRI Projects in the U.S. and Canada
SUGAR LAND--April 12, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--IronUnits LLC, a subsidiary of Cleveland-Cliffs Incorporated (Cleveland, Ohio), recently announced that it has broken ground on its $700 million hot briquetted iron (HBI) plant in Toledo, Ohio. The plant is expected to come online in 2020. The project will utilize Midrex Technologies Incorporated's (Charlotte, North Carolina) gas-based direct reduction process to produce 2.48 million tons per year of HBI/direct reduced iron (DRI) from taconite pellets (oxide). Industrial Info Resources is currently tracking more than $8 billion worth of HBI/DRI projects in the U.S. and Canada.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info's North American Project Spending Index Rises 16.35% in Aug...
- Mining Webinar in Review: Increased Project Numbers, but Decreased Values
- New Industrial Info PECWeb Enhancement Improves Access to Disaster Impact T...
- EIA Forecasts U.S. Coal Exports to Rise 10% in 2018
- Typhoon Trami Looms Over Japan, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker