You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Cleveland-Cliffs Breaks Ground on Hot Briquetted Iron Plant
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 204 Words
Attachment: HBI/DRI Projects in the U.S. and Canada
SUGAR LAND--April 12, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--IronUnits LLC, a subsidiary of Cleveland-Cliffs Incorporated (Cleveland, Ohio), recently announced that it has broken ground on its $700 million hot briquetted iron (HBI) plant in Toledo, Ohio. The plant is expected to come online in 2020. The project will utilize Midrex Technologies Incorporated's (Charlotte, North Carolina) gas-based direct reduction process to produce 2.48 million tons per year of HBI/direct reduced iron (DRI) from taconite pellets (oxide). Industrial Info Resources is currently tracking more than $8 billion worth of HBI/DRI projects in the U.S. and Canada.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info Tracks $9.45 Billion in 2019 U.S. Steel Mill Capital Projec...
- Join Industrial Info for Our Market Outlook and Networking Event in Houston
- New Year, New Barrick: Creating the World's Largest Gold Miner, an Industri...
- Brazil Projects $24 Billion in Mining Investments, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Czech Mine Explosion Kills 13 Miners, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker