You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Vogtle Costs Increase $2.3 Billion, Cancellation is Possible
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 920 Words
SUGAR LAND--August 10, 2018--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The projected cost to add two new units to the Alvin W. Vogtle Nuclear Power Station jumped by about $2.3 billion, a unit of the Southern Company (NYSE:SO) (Atlanta, Georgia) disclosed August 8, bringing the estimated cost to construct 2,234 megawatts (MW) of new nuclear generation to more than $27 billion, more than double its original projected cost.
Within this article: Details of the Plant Vogtle cost increase and its consequences
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Natural Gas Market to Continue Growth in 2019, Upping Need for Power P...
- Latin America Sees $110 Billion in Planned Power Sector Projects for 2019, ...
- Mexico Halts Long-Term PPA Auction, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Colombia Calls for First Long-Term Energy Auction, an Industrial Info Marke...
- China to Maintain 40 GW of New PV Power in 2019, an Industrial Info Market ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker