You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Vogtle Costs Increase $2.3 Billion, Cancellation is Possible
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 920 Words
SUGAR LAND--August 10, 2018--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The projected cost to add two new units to the Alvin W. Vogtle Nuclear Power Station jumped by about $2.3 billion, a unit of the Southern Company (NYSE:SO) (Atlanta, Georgia) disclosed August 8, bringing the estimated cost to construct 2,234 megawatts (MW) of new nuclear generation to more than $27 billion, more than double its original projected cost.
Within this article: Details of the Plant Vogtle cost increase and its consequences
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Southwest Region to See $6.9 Billion in Power Project Kickoffs, Comple...
- Rocky Mountains Region to See $6.1 Billion in Fourth-Quarter 2018 Power Kic...
- U.S. Solar Slowing, But Not Swooning From Trump Tariffs
- New Industrial Info PECWeb Enhancement Improves Access to Disaster Impact T...
- Duke Energy, U.S. Crude Exports, Marathon, Andeavor: Your Daily Energy New...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker