You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Trump Administration Unveils Plan to Replace Obama-Era Air Emissions Rule, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 142 Words
The Trump administration unveiled a proposal on Tuesday that it said would replace the Obama-era Clean Power Plan (CPP) with air emissions guidelines for power plants that give states more flexibility in regulating greenhouse gas emissions. The proposed Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) rule by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emphasizes improving efficiency at existing power plants. Acting EPA head Andrew Wheeler said in a press statement the CPP's "punitive demands on energy providers would have unnecessarily raised electricity prices, decreased the competitiveness of America's manufacturers, cost Americans jobs and undermined the nation's energy security."
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Market Outlook in Review: Renewables, Natural Gas Dominate North American ...
- Entergy, QEP Resources, Texas Wind: Your Daily Energy News
- Join Industrial Info for Our Global Power Spending Outlook Webinar
- Toshiba Abandons Moorside Nuclear Project in the U.K.
- Canadian Solar Progresses on $3.3 Billion in U.S. Projects, Faces Setbacks ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker