You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Drax Pays $922 Million For Iberdrola's U.K. Clean Power Assets
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 695 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--October 24, 2018--Written by Martin Lynch, European News Editor for Industrial Info (Galway, Ireland)--Drax Group plc (LSE:DRX) (Selby, England), operator of the U.K.'s largest operational coal-fired plant, is betting big on cleaner energy by announcing that it is buying ScottishPower Limited's (Glasgow, Scotland) portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation for £702 million ($922 million).
Within this article: Details assets purchase, plants affected, shift to clean energy, cost of Drax plant conversion to biomass, future projects
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- WorleyParsons Adds Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals Businesses to $140 Billion in ...
- Edison's $5 Billion in Projects Covers Wide-Ranging Upgrades, Replacements ...
- Unfazed by Hurricanes, Duke Proceeds with Capital Program
- IIR's Global Realization Rate Shows Slight Contraction for 2018, Led by Chi...
- Southeast Asian Oil & Gas Project Outlook Shows Improvement
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker