You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Czech Mine Explosion Kills 13 Miners, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 78 Words
A methane explosion in a Czech coal mine killed 13 miners on Thursday, including 11 Polish nationals and two Czechs, the mine operator, OKD, said today.
The state-run company said a methane blast occurred more than 800 meters underground, devastating areas of the CSM hard-coal mine, near the town of Karvina, on Thursday.
The incident is the worst mining accident in the Czech Republic since 1990, when 30 miners died in a fire at a mine near Karvina.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Price Crash Raises New Doubts About Planned North American Lithium Mines
- Industrial Info's Project Database Grows by More Than 100,000 Active Projec...
- Germany to Close Remaining Coal-Fired Plants by 2038, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Eritrea's Mining Industry Could See Revival After U.N. Sanctions Dropped, a...
- India Amps Up Support for Karnataka Mining Sector, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker