You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Czech Mine Explosion Kills 13 Miners, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 78 Words
A methane explosion in a Czech coal mine killed 13 miners on Thursday, including 11 Polish nationals and two Czechs, the mine operator, OKD, said today.
The state-run company said a methane blast occurred more than 800 meters underground, devastating areas of the CSM hard-coal mine, near the town of Karvina, on Thursday.
The incident is the worst mining accident in the Czech Republic since 1990, when 30 miners died in a fire at a mine near Karvina.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Brazil Bans Upstream Tailings Dams at Mines, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Thailand's Cement Industry to Ramp Up, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Myanmar to Boost Cement Production, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Finland Copper Draws Interest of Miners, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Indonesia's Metals & Minerals Maintenance Projects Worth $311.2 Million in ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker