You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Donkin Coal Mine Suspends Operations due to Roof Collapse
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 198 Words
Attachment: coal projects
Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Kameron Coal Management Limited (Kameron Coal), a subsidiary of The Cline Group, has suspended operations of its Donkin Coal mine in Cape Breton, NS, after a roof collapsed last Friday, December 28. Executives are not releasing much information at this time to Industrial Info Resources (IIR) other than that the mine is idled until it is safe to reopen. Fortunately, no one was injured. According to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), inspection records from February 2017 to February 2018 showed the mine had issues with falling rocks and coal. Since the mine reopened February 2017, there have been a few cases of roof falls, but officials indicate this one was worse than the previous ones. The mine does not plan to reopen until a root cause is identified and preventive measures are in place. Operations will not restart until the Kameron Coal receives the green light from the province.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Price Crash Raises New Doubts About Planned North American Lithium Mines
- Industrial Info's Project Database Grows by More Than 100,000 Active Projec...
- Germany to Close Remaining Coal-Fired Plants by 2038, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Eritrea's Mining Industry Could See Revival After U.N. Sanctions Dropped, a...
- India Amps Up Support for Karnataka Mining Sector, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker