You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Newmont's Goldcorp Acquisition Creates $8.75 Billion Project Portfolio, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 101 Words
Another major M&A announcement in the gold mining world! This morning, Newmont Mining Corporation and Goldcorp announced plans to combine to create world's largest gold miner. This comes a week after Barrick Gold Corporation and Randgold Resources Ltd combined to create one of the world's largest gold mining firms.
The acquisition of Goldcorp by Newmont adds mainly North American assets to Newmont's global portfolio of mines and projects in the Americas, Africa and Australia. Combined, the companies have $8.75 billion worth of active projects globally, according to Industrial Info's Global Market Intelligence (GMI) Database Platform.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Be Sure to RSVP for Industrial Info's Market Outlook & Networking Event in ...
- Turkish Steel Exports Hit All-Time High in 2018, an Industrial Info Market ...
- Russia to Invest in Its Coal Industry, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Semen Indonesia Takes 80.6% Ownership of Holcim Indonesia, an Industrial In...
- Zijin Mining Group Picks Up Serbian Copper Mine, an Industrial Info Market ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker