You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
PG&E to File for Bankruptcy Protection, Engulfed by Wildfire Liabilities
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 698 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 15, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Chaos has engulfed Pacific Gas and Electric Company (San Francisco, California) and its corporate parent, PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG) (San Francisco), since the utility disclosed to its employees that the potential liabilities for wildfires in California could cause it to file a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition. On Monday, the utility and its corporate parent said a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition for both entities would be filed later this month.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- BP: Renewables to Displace Coal as World's Largest Source of Electric Gener...
- Schlumberger, PG&E: Your Daily Energy News
- North American Project Spending Index Up 11.05% in February
- EIA: U.S. Natural Gas Consumption Rises 10% in 2018
- Eni and Shell Outline Carbon Emissions Targets and Investment
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker