You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Barrick Newmont Merger in the Works, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 93 Words
Barrick Gold Corporation confirmed this morning that it may buy Newmont Mining Corporation in what would be the largest ever merger of mining assets. Both companies have been hot and heavy with acquisition deals lately, as Barrick acquired Randgold Resources Ltd, and Newmont is in the process of acquiring Goldcorp. If combined, the new company would have more than 50 operational mines mainly in the Americas, Africa and Australia; with 70 active projects totaling $12.6 billion under development, according to Industrial Info Resources Global Market Intelligence Platform.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- April North American Project Spending Index Up 19% Year-On-Year
- U.S., Canada Agree to Remove Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum, an Industrial I...
- Removal of U.S. Import Tariffs Relieves Canadian Steel, Aluminum Producers
- Chinese Cement Maker Invests in Indonesia, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Africa Boasts $2.3 Billion in Diamond Production Projects, an Industr...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker