You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Texas, California Lead U.S. Natural Gas-Fired Power Maintenance Projects in Second-Quarter 2019
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 557 Words
Attachment: US NG maint 2Q19
SUGAR LAND--March 20, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--More than 60% of U.S. power-generation capacity installed in 2018 was fueled by natural gas, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). Almost 90% of the gas-fired capacity added last year is attributed to natural gas-fired, combined-cycle (NGCC) generators, widely considered the most efficient type. The growing demands on gas-fired power plants are certain to keep scheduled maintenance at the forefront of plant owners' concerns. Industrial Info is tracking about 140 maintenance-related projects at U.S. natural gas-fired units that are set to kick off in the second quarter.
Within this article: Details on some of the largest maintenance plants at natural gas plants that are set to begin from April through June, including those from companies such as Calpine Corporation, General Electric (NYSE:GE), Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated (NYSE:BRK.A), Xcel Energy Incorporated (NASDAQ:XEL), Riverstone Holdings LLC and Dominion Energy Incorporated (NYSE:D).
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Kiewit at Work on $64 Billion in Projects, Makes Progress on U.S. LNG Termi...
- Some Non-powered U.S. Dams Being Converted to Hydropower Facilities
- NavigatIIR: Wind, Hydro Lead World in More Than $6 Trillion in Active Powe...
- China's Power Consumption up 5.8% Year Over Year in April, an Industrial In...
- Paraguay Hosts More than $850 Million in Planned Transmission & Distributio...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker