Zoomable Map View
Description Map View
Canada Power Generating Industry - 2015 Edition
North America Industrial Market Information Map Series
Format: Laminated, High Resolution Inkjet
Available Size: 42" x 63"
Publication Date: April 2015
|List Price: $485.00
Description: Canada continues to be a world leader in its use of renewable fuel sources to generate power, and more than 63% of the country's operational power units generate renewable energy. Hydropower accounts for more than 50% of the country's 123 gigawatts of generating capacity, making Canada one the world's top hydropower producers.
Ontario generates more power than any other Canadian province and has replaced almost all of its coal-fired power generation with other sources, primarily wind and natural gas. In keeping with this trend, most of the new generating units planned in the country are for renewable fuel types or natural gas.
The existing plant listing features the following information for each facility:
- Owner Name and Plant Name
- Plant Operating Status
- Plant ID (vital link to our database for further plant information)
- Plant Primary SIC Code
- Plant Employee Count
- Plant Union Representation
- Plant Start-up Date
- Plant Geographical Reference
- Plant Telephone Number
- Capacity and Usage (capacity, base load, intermediate load, peak load)
- Fuel Consumption (coal, fuel oil, natural gas, nuclear, renewable)
- Status of Spending Activity (active project(s) started prior to 2015, active project(s) planned to start construction in 2015, active project(s) planned to start construction beyond 2015)