CAREER OPPORTUNITIESWITH INDUSTRIAL INFO RESOURCES
The Business Development Representative is responsible for selling industrial and energy-related products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Business Development Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop his or her revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Individual will have potential growth opportunities into Senior Account Executive, Customer Service and other client-facing roles. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Identify new opportunities by phone and email for new business from strategic marketing leads.
- Contact decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and upsell sales to client base.
- Collaborate with Director of Business Development and Marketing to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to Senior Account Managers and Sales VPs.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Senior Account Managers.
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening: Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Business Acumen: Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication (Verbal): Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication (Written): Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Interaction: Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized: Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Sales Ability: Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a
product, service, or idea.
- Technical Aptitude: Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Training: Ability to add value for our clients through product usage instruction.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree From a Four Year College or University in Business, Marketing, or an Acceptable Combination of Education and Experience.
Experience: 1-2 years of direct work experience in a sales capacity is preferred but not required.
Computer Skills: Strong technical skills are required and should include the use of Microsoft Suite products as well as the ability to quickly learn new software tools.
Working Conditions: Some travel may be required that includes the ability to attend and conduct presentations.
Other Requirements: Demonstrated ability to convert prospects into customers. Experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, account development, and time management. Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers. Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills. Exceptional verbal, listening and written communication skills. Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm. Ability to work individually and as part of a team. High level of integrity and work ethic. Experience with customer relationship management software and Microsoft Office.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To build a diverse workforce Industrial Info Resources encourages applications from individuals with disabilities,minorities, veterans, and women. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.