CAREER OPPORTUNITIESWITH INDUSTRIAL INFO RESOURCES
The Accounts Payable Clerk will engage in the coding and entry, computation, classification, and recording of numerical data to keep financial records complete; Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records; And may also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, customer service focused, and has experience processing 250+ invoices per month. Duties related to this role are as follows:
- Review and process all incoming purchase orders, invoices and expense reports for accuracy while ensuring all
monthly invoices received are entered prior to month end.
- Analyze invoice/expense reports and coding expenses using chart of accounts and cost centers while ensuring
accuracy and proper approval.
- Update and maintain vendor data.
- Research and respond to invoice / payment inquiries.
- Processes check runs
- File checks and related backup
- Perform data entry and administrative duties
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with Company internal controls, policies and procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Perform 1099 Reporting
- Support other accounting functional areas as needed.
- At least one year of experience in Accounts Payable is preferred.
- History of processing at least 250 invoices per month is ideal.
- Bachelor's Degree from a Four Year College or University in Accounting, Finance, or Other Related Field is preferred.
- If lacking higher education degree, then a combination of formal training and experience is acceptable.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Strong Organization Skills & High Attention to Detail
- Time Management: An ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is highly desired.
- All skills outlined in the competency statements listed below.
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication (Written): Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Financial Aptitude: Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information; prepare
and manage budgets; and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Decision Making: Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ethical: Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Judgment: The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized: Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To build a diverse workforce Industrial Info Resources encourages applications from individuals with disabilities,minorities, veterans, and women. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V