CAREER OPPORTUNITIESWITH INDUSTRIAL INFO RESOURCES
In an office setting, the Market Research Analyst will conduct investigative market research with an emphasis on extracting new power market data and outage events. This research is conducted primarily via the telephone in a HIGH VOLUME OUTBOUND CALLING environment. This person will gather, verify, and record information related to the industrial market while maintaining a high standard of quality control. Individuals who have experience in sales, collections, investigations, etc. are encouraged to apply. Duties related to this role are as follows:
- Conduct surveys and extract new market data using methods such as phone interviews, questionnaires,
market analysis surveys, and internet search techniques.
- Review, classify, and record market data in preparation for client usage.
- Perform data entry into database and other clerical work as required for task completion.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data; correct any errors.
- Collaborate with other researchers in the work division while conducting market research.
- Respond to customer inquiries and data requests while maintaining accurate records of customer comments,
complains, and any actions.
- Compose short reports or news alerts summarizing completed research with emphasis on adding value to existing
intelligence in the database.
- Prepare and present summaries of survey data that includes tables, graphs, written text, and fact sheets
that describe research results.
- Monitor relevant industry and follow trends in trade literature; maintain strong command of industry vernacular that
includes numerous heavy equipment and industry process details.
- Support immediate-need data requests from clients received via hotline, instant message, email, etc. by extracting
timely market data with highly efficient processing times.
- May present research analysis at client meetings, company hosted seminars, or trade-shows.
- Two to four years of related experience is strongly preferred.
- For internal candidates, two or more years work completing entry level IIR Research is strongly preferred. This includes
skilled usage of research phone techniques, database entry skills, and demonstrated commitment to data quality.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Strong technical skills as well as an ability to quickly learn new tools are mandatory. This includes the use of Microsoft
Office Suite, web browsers, and other specialized software. Prior work experience in database entry work is preferred.
- The Market Research Analyst should also possess all skills outlined in the competency statements listed below.
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening: Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented: Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Persistence: Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Reliability: The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Self Motivated: Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude: Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure: Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Verbal Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Written Communication: Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.