You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Panama Canal Expansion Marks Milestone, Keeps Eye on Nicaragua Rival
Industry Segment: Industrial Manufacturing | Word Count: 547 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 22, 2015--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Panama Canal Authority on Monday marked a milestone in its canal expansion project with the installation of the massive first gate for the new locks on the Pacific side. The new canal lane will double the canal's capacity by 2016. But the waterway may have a rival in a few years--a groundbreaking ceremony was held in December for the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal.
Within this article: Details of the Panama Canal expansion project and the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal project.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info Predicts U.S. Skilled Craft Labor Demand to Grow Substantia...
- TAUC Launches 2020 Union Craft Labor Supply Survey
- Stack Infrastructure Expands Across U.S. Via Expansions, an Industrial Info...
- Africa's Industrial Manufacturers to Finish $2.5 Billion of Projects by Jul...
- South Asia's Industrial Manufacturers to Wrap Up More than $4 Billion of Pr...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker