You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Panama Canal Expansion Marks Milestone, Keeps Eye on Nicaragua Rival
Industry Segment: Industrial Manufacturing | Word Count: 547 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 22, 2015--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Panama Canal Authority on Monday marked a milestone in its canal expansion project with the installation of the massive first gate for the new locks on the Pacific side. The new canal lane will double the canal's capacity by 2016. But the waterway may have a rival in a few years--a groundbreaking ceremony was held in December for the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal.
Within this article: Details of the Panama Canal expansion project and the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal project.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Compass Datacenters Expanding, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Africa to Revitalize Economy, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Indonesia Encourages Domestic Electronics Manufacturing, an Industrial Info...
- Auto Makers Welcome EU-Mercosur Trade Deal, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Russia to See $4 Billion in Industrial Manufacturing Project Starts in 2020...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker