You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Panama Canal Expansion Marks Milestone, Keeps Eye on Nicaragua Rival
Industry Segment: Industrial Manufacturing | Word Count: 547 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 22, 2015--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Panama Canal Authority on Monday marked a milestone in its canal expansion project with the installation of the massive first gate for the new locks on the Pacific side. The new canal lane will double the canal's capacity by 2016. But the waterway may have a rival in a few years--a groundbreaking ceremony was held in December for the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal.
Within this article: Details of the Panama Canal expansion project and the Nicaragua Interoceanic Grand Canal project.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- North American Project Spending Drop for September Less Severe than Past Mo...
- GlaxoSmithKline Sells Largest Polish Manufacturing Facility
- India's Industrial Manufacturing Industry to See Capital Approval for 432 P...
- Europe's Housing, Building Products, Furniture Producers Plot $2.9 Billion ...
- Distribution & Warehousing Project Activity Strong in Europe, an Industrial...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker