You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Industrial Info Tracks Impact of Japan Earthquake, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 60 Words
The island of Hokkaido in Japan experienced a magnitude 6.7 earthquake on September 6, causing a major landslide. A fire was reported in a steel mill, and major power outages occurred in the immediate area. There are 43 industrial plants located in the area of the earthquake and potential damage is being assessed. Industrial Info's research team in the region is working to confirm which of the 34 operational power units in the region might have suffered damage or were taken offline temporarily.
Industrial Info's new Disaster Impact Tracker widget can help you monitor weather-related events to identify industrial plants within the impact path of a storm or natural disaster. Utilize the Current Natural Disasters widget to quickly visualize and assess the specific areas of impact, and link directly to the storm within the Disaster Impact Tracker to identify the plants and units potentially requiring disaster relief equipment and services.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Kinder Morgan, Ohio Nuclear Bill, U.S. Oil Rig Count: Your Daily Energy Ne...
- Four Decommissioning Contracts Awarded for U.K.'s Sellafield
- Germany to Close Remaining Coal-Fired Plants by 2038, an Industrial Info Ma...
- China Sees Slowdown in Power Generation Capacity Growth, an Industrial Info...
- Indonesia's PT PLN Told to Use Palm Oil-Based Biodiesel for Power Plants, a...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker