You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Xcel's $4 Billion+ in Projects Point to Natural Gas in the Short Run, Renewables as Ultimate Goal
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 652 Words
Attachment: Xcel 4Q18
SUGAR LAND--February 6, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Xcel Energy (NASDAQ:XEL) (Minneapolis, Minnesota) was among the energy providers urging customers to conserve heat as its systems were strained by the severe winter weather that slammed the eastern U.S. in late January. But the company had better news for its investors when it reported steady gains in revenues and profits for 2018, and announced ambitious plans to reduce carbon emissions 80% by 2030. Industrial Info is tracking more than $6.4 billion in active projects involving Xcel, including nearly $1 billion worth under construction.
Within this article: Details on some of Xcel's most anticipated projects, including the replacement of coal-fired units in a Minnesota power plant with a natural gas-fueled plant, and numerous renewable-based facilities across the U.S.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Enbridge, PG&E: Your Daily Energy News
- AEP Seeks to Bolster Transmission, Distribution Across U.S. with $3.6 Billi...
- EIA: Record U.S. Oil & Gas Production to Fuel Net Energy Exports
- More Than $8 billion in T&D Project Investments Planned to Start Constructi...
- Indonesia Aims to Be Leading Geothermal Energy Producer, an Industrial Info...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker