You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
NavigatIIR: Billions Spent Each Year on Care and Feeding of Nuclear Power Plants
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 582 Words
SUGAR LAND--June 19, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Despite a near halt in the construction of new nuclear power units for the past 30 years, the U.S. remains the world's largest producer of nuclear power, with 98 operating reactors producing 807 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh) in 2018, about 20% of the nation's total electrical output, according to the World Nuclear Association. And although seven nuclear reactors have been shut down since 2013, nuclear power generation capacity in the U.S. at the end of last year was about the same as total capacity in 2003, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Within this article: Nuclear power plant refueling projects.
Companies featured: Evergy Incorporated (NYSE:EVRG), NRG Energy Incorporated (NYSE:NRG), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- PSEG, Coal-to-Liquids: Your Daily Energy News
- General Electric, Delfin LNG, U.S. Oil Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- Ag Processing Incorporated Leads in U.S., Canada Soybean Projects, an Indus...
- Mexico's Energy Secretary Identifies 59 Transmission & Distribution Project...
- China's Wangkui County Bolsters Wind-Energy Projects, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker