You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
BP: Decarbonizing the World's Generation Fleet Will Require More than Renewables
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 956 Words
Attachment: Renewables 2, Wind, Solar, Renewables 1
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--July 8, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In its 68th annual statistical review of world energy, released June 11, executives from BP Plc (NYSE:BP) (London, England) documented the dramatic growth of renewable energy around the world in 2018, but cautioned that wind and solar cannot decarbonize the Power sector all by themselves. To limit the growth of heat-trapping gases like carbon dioxide (CO2), more coal-to-gas switching is needed, along with other measures.
Within this article: Details of BP's annual statistical report.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Vistra Energy, Pembina Pipeline: Your Daily Energy News
- NextEra Progresses With Natural Gas, Renewables Projects in Florida, Elsewh...
- Eastern Europe Spends Big on Environmental Compliance, an Industrial Info M...
- Nuclear Projects Planned for Europe, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Ukraine to Import Coal for Winter, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker