You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Coal Mine Closures Accelerate, and There's Scant Good News on the Horizon
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 1492 Words
Attachment: Miner Employment, Number of Coal Mines, Number of U.S. Coal Mines, Coal Mine Productivity
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--October 28, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Companies owning or leasing five coal mines and three preparation plants this month announced those facilities would close due to unfavorable economic conditions. Those moves are expected to result in the loss of at least 567 jobs. They follow earlier, and more surprising, job losses in Wyoming as a major operator in the low-cost Powder River Basin said it would close two mines, putting an estimated 600 workers on the unemployment line.
Within this article: Details on the woes of U.S. coal mining
Companies featured: Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Portugal Pushes for Development of Lithium Mines, an Industrial Info Market...
- Green Light Given for U.K.'s First Deep Coal Mine in 30 Years
- Indonesia's INALUM at Work on Smelter Upgrades, Additions, an Industrial In...
- Environmental Projects Included in Project Activity at Cement Plants in Ita...
- Western Europe Hosts $727 Million in Glass Industry Capital Projects, an In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker