You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Lehigh Hanson Breaks Ground on New $600 Million Cement Plant in Indiana, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 147 Words
Lehigh Hanson, a subsidiary of HeidelbergCement AG (ETR:HEI), has started construction on the planned modernization and expansion of its cement plant in Mitchell, Indiana. The ceremonial groundbreaking in October followed the approval of its air construction permit by Indiana's Department of Environmental Management.
This project will essentially rebuild and improve the existing 780,000-ton-per-year cement plant by replacing three outdated long dry rotary kiln lines with one dry kiln to increase the plant's production capacity to 2.8 million tons per year. The environmental control system will also receive a makeover to receive the latest technology to reduce energy usage and emissions.
This project has been a long time coming. Industrial Info has been tracking this plant since 1999, and the project since it was announced in 2007. Over the years, the project slowed development and was even temporarily shelved in 2015.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Solar Power Investment Grows in Middle East, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Germany to See $226 in Petrochemical Maintenance Through 2021, an Industria...
- Mining Sector Remains Strong in Sweden, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Asia to See $466 Million in Inorganic Chemical Projects in 2020, an I...
- China's Coal Output Up 4.2% in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker