You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Global Electric Power Industry Investing Trillions of Dollars to Build New Assets
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 701 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 11, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The global Power Industry has about 5,800 capital and maintenance projects for electricity generation under construction, with an aggregate value of about $1.1 trillion, said Britt Burt, Industrial Info's vice president of research for the global Power Industry, in a web conference November 6. Burt noted that compared with a year earlier, the project count has increased by about 1,200, while the total investment value (TIV) for those projects under construction has declined by about $50 billion.
Within this article: Details on major trends in the global Power Industry, including the status of coal-fired generation and the ongoing growth of renewable sources in emerging countries.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- April 27 COVID-19 Impact Report: Outages, Derates, Shutdowns and More
- Sempra Energy, U.S. Oil Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- Join AVEVA for a Webinar on Enabling the 'New Norm' for Engineering Project...
- Join Industrial Info for a Webinar on the Impact of COVID-19 on Plant Spend...
- Japan Spends Big on Nuclear Decommissioning and Dismantlement, an Industria...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker