You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Outlook for Coal Dims as California City Prohibits Exports
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 1027 Words
Attachment: US Coal Production, Coal Exports
SUGAR LAND--January 23, 2020--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--It wasn't that long ago that coal interests predicted rising U.S. coal exports would offset falling domestic consumption, making the industry more or less whole. That was briefly true in 2018, as exports rose sharply, but production and exports fell in 2019, and further declines for both are expected for 2020 and 2021, according to this month's Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) (Washington, D.C.).
Companies featured: ABB (NYSE:ABB)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Steel Shipments Jump 5.6% in January, Under-Construction Steel Mill Pr...
- Coronavirus Cases Dissipating as China Opens Industry, an Industrial Info M...
- Vietnamese Steelmaker Delays Blast Furnace Commissioning, an Industrial Inf...
- South Africa's Mining Sector Linked to China, an Industrial Info Market Bri...
- Thailand Delays New Steel Import Standards, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker