You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Appalachian Apocalypse: Producers Fight to Survive in Low-Price Environment
Industry Segment: Production | Word Count: 809 Words
Attachment: Appalachia Gas Price, Appalachia Production
SUGAR LAND--February 13, 2020--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--U.S. natural gas producers had a brutal 2019, but nowhere was the pain as pronounced as in the Appalachian region, which includes the Marcellus and Utica shales.
Across the nation, gas prices across the U.S. fell about 25% compared to 2018, and the carnage has continued into 2020, as gas futures prices fell below $2 per million British thermal units (MMBtu) in mid-January and have stayed there for three weeks.
Companies featured: Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Montage Resources (NYSE:MR), EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT), Cabot (NYSE:COG)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Freeport LNG, Schlumberger: Your Daily Energy News
- U.K. Leads Decline in Costs for Global Oil and Gas Industry
- China's Crude Production Up Slightly in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Bri...
- China's Natural Gas Production Rises 9.8% in 2019, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Saipem Bags $100 Million of Pipeline Projects in Offshore Equatorial Guinea...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker