You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Global Power Webinar: Renewables March Forward, but Coal Not Dead
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 1054 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 19, 2020--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In Industrial Info's recent webinar on the global Power Industry, Britt Burt, vice president of research for the Power Industry, discussed some of the movements and trends taking place throughout the world. One of the key themes: The massive movement toward decarbonization throughout the world, prompting a global buildout in renewables. However, in certain markets, particularly in Asia, coal-fired power continues to move forward. According to BP's (NYSE:BP) (London, England) recent Energy Outlook, global power demand is expected to grow around 2% per annum, with a total demand increase of 80%, based on current capacity out to 2050. The majority of this demand increase continues to be in key, high-growth Asian markets.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Final Rule on Clean Air Act Cost-Benefit Calculation May Make It Harder for...
- Norway To Fund World's Largest Carbon Capture Project
- IIR Top Power News Today: December 29th 2020
- Chile to See First Industrial-Scale CSP Plant, an Industrial Info Market Br...
- COVID-19 Causes Operational Delays for New Indonesian Geothermal Projects, ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker