You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Federal Appeals Court Vacates Trump's Affordable Clean Energy Plan
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 975 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 21, 2021--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--On January 19, Donald Trump's last full day as president, his signature energy and environmental rulemaking, the Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) rule, was vacated in a 2-1 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. In vacating the rule, the court sent the matter back to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (Washington, D.C.). Given the change in administration, and President Joe Biden's emphasis on reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from the Electric Power Industry, among other sectors, whatever rules come out of the Biden EPA are likely to be very different from Trump's ACE rule.
Within this article: Details on the ruling and where environmental policy could go in a Biden administration.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Southern Company, Soaring Natural Gas Prices: Your Daily Energy News
- U.S. Coal-Fired Power Plant Retirements Could Reach 55,000 Megawatts in Com...
- Biden Executive Order Could Accelerate Offshore Windfarm Development
- IIR Top Power News Today: February 9th 2021
- Denmark's Orsted Sets Sites on South Korean Offshore Windfarm, an Industria...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker