You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
EthosEnergy Webinar: SMART Seals - an Advantage in Today's Challenging Steam Turbine Environment
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 245 Words
Steam turbine users understand the steam turbine rotor is a critical component, and protecting it is key to successful operation. Rubs during startup between labyrinth shaft seals and the rotor present a number of issues. New seals typically rub during the first few starts, negating valuable maintenance dollars invested to restore seal clearances. Furthermore, shaft seal rubs can cause a bowed rotor, which damage the tight clearance of blade tip seals. In severe cases, the rotor is permanently damaged. Risks quickly turn into costly maintenance dollars as well as the financial impact associated with the decrease in turbine performance.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Southern Company, Soaring Natural Gas Prices: Your Daily Energy News
- U.S. Coal-Fired Power Plant Retirements Could Reach 55,000 Megawatts in Com...
- EIA's Annual Energy Outlook Projects Rising Oil, Gas and Renewable Electric...
- Suncor Reins in Spending Amid Slump, but Revives Major NGCC Project
- Biden Executive Order Could Accelerate Offshore Windfarm Development
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker