Premium Industrial NewsAES Corporation Prioritizes Renewables, Energy Storage as Backlog Blooms
AES Corporation Prioritizes Renewables, Energy Storage as Backlog Blooms
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 683 Words
Attachment: AES proj 0321
SUGAR LAND--March 5, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES) (Arlington, Virginia) (AES) is picking up the pace of its renewable-energy development. The company, once focused on coal-fired generation, is raising its renewables growth target about 40% to between 3 and 4 gigawatts (GW) of long-term power-purchase agreements (PPAs) per year, and now aims to achieve portfolio-wide net zero carbon emissions from its electricity sales by 2040. Industrial Info is tracking nearly $17 billion of active AES projects worldwide, including more than $5 billion worth in the U.S.
Within this article: Details on some of the highest-valued renewable-generation and energy-storage projects from AES and its subsidiaries, including the multi-phase Spotsylvania Solar Plant in Virginia and a series of battery energy-storage system (BESS) projects in California.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- AES Pushes Energy Storage to Top of Agenda as Demand Rises for Battery Proj...
- AES Presses Forward on Renewable, NGCC Generation in $13 Billion Project Li...
- Gusty Great Plains Fuel Bulk of Nearly $9 Billion in U.S. Renewable-Energy ...
- AES Set to Complete 3.8 GW of New Power Capacity
- AES Ratchets Up Renewable, Natural Gas Projects Across Americas with $12 Bi...