You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
AES Corporation Prioritizes Renewables, Energy Storage as Backlog Blooms
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 683 Words
Attachment: AES proj 0321
SUGAR LAND--March 5, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES) (Arlington, Virginia) (AES) is picking up the pace of its renewable-energy development. The company, once focused on coal-fired generation, is raising its renewables growth target about 40% to between 3 and 4 gigawatts (GW) of long-term power-purchase agreements (PPAs) per year, and now aims to achieve portfolio-wide net zero carbon emissions from its electricity sales by 2040. Industrial Info is tracking nearly $17 billion of active AES projects worldwide, including more than $5 billion worth in the U.S.
Within this article: Details on some of the highest-valued renewable-generation and energy-storage projects from AES and its subsidiaries, including the multi-phase Spotsylvania Solar Plant in Virginia and a series of battery energy-storage system (BESS) projects in California.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- CPS Energy, U.S. Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- AEP Prioritizes T&D Amid Push for Renewables, Wrestles with Coal's Decline
- More than 1,800 Renewable Projects Subscribe to Brazil's PPA Auctions, an I...
- Indonesia Moves on 2021 Geothermal Exploration on Mount Tampomas, an Indust...
- China's Power Output Jumps 19.5% in Early 2021, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker