Premium Industrial NewsAEP Prioritizes T&D Amid Push for Renewables, Wrestles with Coal's Decline
AEP Prioritizes T&D Amid Push for Renewables, Wrestles with Coal's Decline
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 981 Words
SUGAR LAND--March 12, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--American Electric Power Company Incorporated (AEP) (NYSE:AEP) (Columbus, Ohio) is on the front lines of the changing U.S. Power Industry, as the utility seeks to upgrade its aging transmission infrastructure and add renewable energy sources--all while trying to determine which coal-fired plants can continue to operate as most face long-term closure. Industrial Info is tracking more than $4.5 billion in active projects from AEP, about 53% of which is related to power-generation projects and the remainder to transmission & distribution (T&D).
Within the article: Details on some of the highest-valued projects from AEP, including fossil-fuel and renewable energy-generation projects, T&D upgrades, and a series of environmentally mandated measures at coal-fired power plants.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to the Power industry
- Duke Energy, Total, CenterPoint: Your Daily Energy News
- Total SA, BP, Trans Mountain Expansion: Your Daily Energy News
- Tennessee Valley Authority, Equitrans Midstream, Pioneer Natural Resources:...
- Philippines' Department of Energy Explores Hydrogen Potential
- Federal Justice Blocks Electricity Industry Law's Reform in Mexico