You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
South Africa Moves Forward with REIPPP Program
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 170 Words
Attachment: Solar and Wind S Africa
South Africa's Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE), with the intent to procure 1.6 gigawatts (GW) of wind and 1 GW of solar power, has issued a request for proposals (RFP) calling for independent power producers (IPPs) to submit bids for development of wind and solar power projects in the country under Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Program (REIPPPP) bid window 5.
The window 5 projects have been delayed several times, and according to the sources from DMRE, the release of documentation for the RFP has been delayed again. The department intends to release the documentation no later than April 12 2021. The REIPPP program is a competitive tender process that is designed to facilitate private-sector investment into grid-connected renewable energy projects in South Africa.
Industrial Info is tracking 277 development and grid-connected solar and wind energy projects, worth $44.48 billion, in South Africa.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- CPS Energy, U.S. Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- AEP Prioritizes T&D Amid Push for Renewables, Wrestles with Coal's Decline
- More than 1,800 Renewable Projects Subscribe to Brazil's PPA Auctions, an I...
- Indonesia Moves on 2021 Geothermal Exploration on Mount Tampomas, an Indust...
- China's Power Output Jumps 19.5% in Early 2021, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker