Premium Industrial NewsBig Oil Recovers, Aided by Higher Prices, Stronger Demand
Big Oil Recovers, Aided by Higher Prices, Stronger Demand
Industry Segment: Production | Word Count: 1166 Words
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--May 5, 2021--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Big Oil is back. Most of the world's largest integrated super majors reported much stronger financial results compared with the year-earlier quarter. Results were propelled by higher prices and higher demand, though earnings for some were dented by non-recurring events like Winter Storm Uri, which sharply cut into oil and gas production in Texas and Oklahoma in February. Several of these super majors used excess cash to lower debt, increase their dividend or initiate stock buyback programs.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to the Production industry
- Starwood Energy Group, New Mexico Oil & Gas Production: Your Daily Energy N...
- India Hosts More than $35 Billion in Oil & Gas Projects
- Big Oil Keeping its Capital Discipline Pledge
- Enbridge, Shell, U.S. Shale Oil Output: Your Daily Energy News
- Tourmaline Oil, U.S. Rig Count, California Heat Wave: Your Daily Energy Ne...