Premium Industrial NewsCanada's New Thermal Coal Policy Not Expected to Impact Majority of Mining Projects
Canada's New Thermal Coal Policy Not Expected to Impact Majority of Mining Projects
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 227 Words
Attachment: Canada's Coal Mining Projects
SUGAR LAND--June 15, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Canada has announced that it will not approve new thermal coal mining projects, or plans to expand existing mines, because of the potential for environmental damage. "The government considers that these projects are likely to cause unacceptable environmental effects within federal jurisdiction and are not aligned with Canada's domestic and international climate change commitments," said Canada's Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson on Friday.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- Canada's Vista Coal Mine Awaits Final Permits
- Cleveland-Cliffs Sees Second-Quarter Drop in Automotive Steel Demand But Re...
- Steel Dynamics Sees Record Second-Quarter Earnings Results
- China Produces 5% Less Coal in June from Year Earlier
- Corning, Gallo, Other U.S. Glass Makers Look to Demand Revival