Premium Industrial NewsEvergy Boosts Capital Spending as it Pursues Net-Zero Carbon by 2045 Goal
Evergy Boosts Capital Spending as it Pursues Net-Zero Carbon by 2045 Goal
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 852 Words
Attachment: CapX-funcionalarea 0721, CapX-Jurisdiction 0721, Fuel Mix 0721, CapX-21-25-0721
SUGAR LAND--July 22, 2021--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Like many of its electric utility brethren, Evergy Incorporated (NYSE:EVRG) (Kansas City, Missouri), formed in 2018 by the merger of Westar Resources and Kansas City Power & Light, is decarbonizing. And, as it acts to shrink its carbon footprint, it is significantly increasing its planned capital expenditures (capex), particularly for transmission and distribution.
Within this article: How Evergy's plans dovetail with the overall power-generation sector's move toward renewable resources, and how fossil fuels could continue to play a role.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- U.S. Coal Plants Prepare for Maintenance, with Many Facing Eventual Closure
- KCP&L Greens Its Resource Portfolio, Decides to Close Six Generating Units
- Westar Energy Sees Cost Reductions in Two Projects, Puts Capex at $2 Billio...
- Unit 1 at Kansas' La Cygne Station Shut Down for Repairs
- Unit 3 at Kansas' Jeffrey Energy Center Shut Down for Repairs