You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Environmental Impact on Taj Mahal Stalls Indian Oil's Mathura Refinery Expansion
Industry Segment: Petroleum Refining | Word Count: 715 Words
BANGALORE, INDIA--September 30, 2008--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Indian Oil Corporation Limited (BOM:530965) (IOC) (New Delhi), India's largest state-run petroleum products retailer, is awaiting government clearance to go ahead with expansion plans for its refinery at Mathura. Concerns have been raised by environmental protection groups about the impact of the expansion on the Taj Mahal, one of India's most revered historical monuments. IOC's Mathura refinery in the state of Uttar Pradesh is located just 25 miles from the Taj Mahal. Environmentalists argue that the sulfur-dioxide emissions have already caused damage to the 17th-century monument, and the expansion of the refinery will only make it worse. The Ministry of Environment and Forests has yet to give a green light for the project.
Other companies featured: Cairn India Limited (BOM:532792)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- IIR's January 22 Market Scorecard Brings You Breaking Geopolitical News
- Industrial Info Predicts U.S. Skilled Craft Labor Demand to Grow Substantia...
- Make Sure to RSVP for This Week's Market Outlook & Networking in Houston
- IIR Energy Top Refining News Today: January 20th 2020
- Greek Corinth Refinery Pushes Ahead with Naphtha Complex
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker