You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Takes No. 2 Spot in Global Steel Production
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 198 Words
JOHANNESBURG--July 11, 2013--Written by Richard Finlayson, Senior International Editor for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The major change in the World Steel Association's 2012 global rankings of steel-producing companies is that Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (Tokyo, Japan) has taken second place on the list, with 47.9 million tons for the year, behind ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT) (Luxembourg), which has 93.6 million tons.
Other companies featured: POSCO (NYSE:PKX), U.S. Steel Corporation (NYSE:X)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Nigeria Expands Cement Sector, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- China's Coal Output Up 12% in July, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Korea's Cement Makers Struggle to Reduce CO2 Emissions, an Industrial...
- China's Investment in Mining Jumps 27.4% in First Seven Months of 2019, an ...
- China is Home to $5.44 Billion of Active Glass-making Projects, an Industri...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker