You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Indian Government Backs $7.5 Billion in Ultra-Mega Steel Plants
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 348 Words
JOHANNESBURG--July 15, 2013--Written by Richard Finlayson, Senior International Editor for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Following the model of its ultra-mega power projects (UMPPs), the Indian government is now pursuing the concept of ultra-mega steel plants (UMSPs). Prime Minister Manmohan Singh approved the Steel Ministry's proposal for the new plants, each of which would involve an investment of about $7.5 billion. The approval was granted at a meeting of the high-level committee on manufacturing.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- NavigatIIR: Cleveland-Cliffs Increases 2019 Capex Outlook as HBI Project Mo...
- Egyptian Aluminum Company to Invest $750 Million in Smelters, an Industrial...
- Global Investors Call on Cement Industry to Decarbonise
- Demand for Glass Containers Flourishes in Western Europe, an Industrial Inf...
- Ukraine to Import Coal for Winter, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker