Premium Industrial NewsYucca Mountain's Nuclear Waste Site Receives No New Federal Funding
Yucca Mountain's Nuclear Waste Site Receives No New Federal Funding
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 376 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 29, 2014--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The new U.S. federal budget includes zero dollars toward the licensing of the long-awaited Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository site in Nevada. This means no new money has been made available for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to continue with costly licensing procedures that are necessary to make use of the proposed site.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- With Focus on Hydro, Nuclear, TVA Opts to Close Two Coal-fired Plants
- Ukraine Turns to Holtec for Small Nuclear Reactors
- Trade Group: Small Modular Reactors Could be the Future of U.S. Nuclear Pow...
- Summer Nuclear Units' Cancellation Followed by Two Other Terminations
- U.S. Nuclear Generation Sees Future Opportunities Despite Challenges -- Par...