You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Facebook Data Centers Push for Renewable Energy
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 370 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 17, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) (Menlo Park, California) is committed to using only renewable energy for its data centers. As demand for social media, instant messaging and smart-device access to electronic data continues to rise, so does the need for ever-larger data centers to handle the increased network traffic. One of the most important factors in data-center construction is the availability of large amounts of electricity to power the many computer servers, data-storage media and other necessary equipment.
Within this article: Details on some of Facebook's renewable-based power-generation facilities for its data centers.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Apache, Enterprise, Shell: Your Daily Energy News
- HDR Incorporated Involved in $18 Billion Worth of Projects, Ranging from LN...
- U.S. Crude Inventories, UGI, Southern Company, ExxonMobil: Your Daily Ener...
- Norway Backs Full-Scale Carbon Capture Project
- Industrial Info's Disaster Impact Tracker Follows Hawaii Eruption
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker