You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Facebook Data Centers Push for Renewable Energy
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 370 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 17, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) (Menlo Park, California) is committed to using only renewable energy for its data centers. As demand for social media, instant messaging and smart-device access to electronic data continues to rise, so does the need for ever-larger data centers to handle the increased network traffic. One of the most important factors in data-center construction is the availability of large amounts of electricity to power the many computer servers, data-storage media and other necessary equipment.
Within this article: Details on some of Facebook's renewable-based power-generation facilities for its data centers.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Power Industry Looks to $1.76 Billion in Active Maintenance Projects f...
- ConocoPhillips, Strategic Petroleum Reserve, U.S. Coal Stockpiles: Your Da...
- Trump Administration Unveils Replacement for Greenhouse Gas Emissions Rule
- Trump Administration Unveils Plan to Replace Obama-Era Air Emissions Rule, ...
- Hurricane Lane Churns Through the Hawaiian Islands, an Industrial Info Mark...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker