You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Facebook Data Centers Push for Renewable Energy
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 370 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 17, 2017--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) (Menlo Park, California) is committed to using only renewable energy for its data centers. As demand for social media, instant messaging and smart-device access to electronic data continues to rise, so does the need for ever-larger data centers to handle the increased network traffic. One of the most important factors in data-center construction is the availability of large amounts of electricity to power the many computer servers, data-storage media and other necessary equipment.
Within this article: Details on some of Facebook's renewable-based power-generation facilities for its data centers.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Voith Rides Wave of Growth in Hydropower Market, with Nearly $13 Billion in...
- Ameren Missouri Moves Forward with Plans to Decarbonize its Generation
- U.S. Business Survey Indicates Tighter Labor Availability
- U.K.'s $18 Billion Wylfa Nuclear Project Adds New Partners
- Canadian Solar Progresses on $3.3 Billion in U.S. Projects, Faces Setbacks ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker