You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
U.S. Cement Consumption Expected to Grow 2.8% This Year
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 137 Words
SUGAR LAND--May 3, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Portland Cement Association recently forecast moderate growth in cement consumption in the U.S. of 2.8% in 2018 and 2019, mainly due to improved economy and increased construction activity. This is not expected to have a significant impact on project spending at cement manufacturing plants in the U.S. With the exception of a few kiln restarts/upgrades, most of the projects being planned are focused on maintenance and small capital improvements. Globally, there is about $130 billion worth of cement manufacturing plant projects, according to Industrial Info Resources. India, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Russia, Brazil, Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey are the top 10 countries based on total investment value.
Within this article: Industrial Info is tracking about $130 billion worth of cement manufacturing plant projects.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Baytown, Texas, Sees $1.7 Billion in Active Industrial Projects
- Join Industrial Info for a Webinar on the Global Mining Spending Outlook
- Canada at Work on $1.3 Billion in Maintenance-Related Projects through End ...
- EU Steel Sector Robust but Threatened by U.S. Trade War
- Industrial Info Tracks Impact of Japan Earthquake, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker