You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Southern Company Plans Five-Year, $35 Billion Capital Program
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 895 Words
Attachment: Vogtle Unit 3
SUGAR LAND--May 7, 2018--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Southern Company (NYSE:SO) (Atlanta, Georgia) plans to make capital investments totaling about $35 billion over the next five years, company officials told investors May 2 during its quarterly earnings call. Nearly all of that sum will be spent in Southern's state-regulated electric or gas utilities. Beyond the five-year, $35 billion capital spending estimate, Southern Power, the holding company's merchant power generation business, could invest up to an additional $2.5 billion over the next five years in growth-related projects, company officials added.
Within this article: Details of Southern Company's capital spending and project information
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Great Lakes to See Nearly $8.9 Billion in Power Industry Kickoffs, Completi...
- NextDecade, Transocean, Southwestern Energy: Your Daily Energy News
- Duke Energy, AltaGas: Your Daily Energy News
- Rocky Mountains Region to See $6.1 Billion in Fourth-Quarter 2018 Power Kic...
- South African Government Releases Long-Awaited Draft IRP 2018, an Industria...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker