You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Southern Company Plans Five-Year, $35 Billion Capital Program
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 895 Words
Attachment: Vogtle Unit 3
SUGAR LAND--May 7, 2018--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The Southern Company (NYSE:SO) (Atlanta, Georgia) plans to make capital investments totaling about $35 billion over the next five years, company officials told investors May 2 during its quarterly earnings call. Nearly all of that sum will be spent in Southern's state-regulated electric or gas utilities. Beyond the five-year, $35 billion capital spending estimate, Southern Power, the holding company's merchant power generation business, could invest up to an additional $2.5 billion over the next five years in growth-related projects, company officials added.
Within this article: Details of Southern Company's capital spending and project information
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Power Plant Demolition Business: Modest Today, Bigger Tomorrow
- Midwest Leads U.S. in Renewable Energy Project Completions in Second-Half 2...
- Renewables Lead in Mexico's New-Build Power Generation
- Norway Backs Full-Scale Carbon Capture Project
- U.K. Plans World's Largest Electric Vehicle Charging Network
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker